Top Ten Things You Should Know About Your Lawsuit
10. It will take forever.
9. It will change every time something happens.
8. You could lose – the chances of winning are never more than 50-50.
7. People you thought were your friends might not be.
6. Everything you say can be used against you – so do not talk about the case to anyone.
5. Everything you thought was a secret might not be – particularly if you do not tell me about it.
4. Your case is different from every other case.
3. I do not KNOW how much you will get, and I will not until the jury returns.
2. Sometimes when it seems like nothing is happening – that is true. Other times, it is not.
1. If you have questions, please email the staff attorney assigned to your case. If you do not use email, you may also call them during office hours.